TERMS OF REFERENCE
PRODUCE A 45 MINUTES VIDEO DOCUMENTARY ON THE DOCUMENTATION OF THE SCORE CARD IN CHADIZA AND VUBWI DISTRICTS UNDER THE GOOD SCHOOL PROJECT
The Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC) is a network of Civil Society Organizations registered under the Registrar of Societies Act on 3rd July, 2002 on certificate number ORS/102/35/2581. The organization currently has sixty-seven (67) Member Organizations comprising of Community Based Organizations, Faith Based Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations, Student Unions and Teacher Trade Unions.
The organization’s mandate is to coordinate civil society advocacy for quality, equitable and inclusive education for all Zambians.
ZANEC’s vision is ‘A sustainable and inclusive education system that responds to national aspirations and fosters an environment for self-fulfillment. The mission of the Coalition is to promote quality and inclusive education for all, through influencing of policy, building consensus, holding duty bearers accountable, and strengthening the capacities of stakeholders in the education sector.
ZANEC with support from DANIDA through Plan International Zambia intends to produce a video documentary on the outcomes of the score card process in Chadiza and Vubwi Districts in Eastern Province.
2.0 RATIONALE OF THE VIDEO DOCUMENTARY
ZANEC has been involved in the “Good School Project” for three years. The project is in partnership with Forum for African Women Educationalist in Zambia (FAWEZA) and Plan International with support from DANIDA. With the combined experiences of the partners working within the Education and Skills Sector, the partners identified poor school governance and in particular low learner participation in their education as one of the key reasons for the decline in the quality of education in Zambia.
The Score card process involves governance session at the school level, compilation of a child friendly score card which is then shared with management and the community for action on the identified issues highlighted in the score card process.
The objectives of the Good School Project are as follows:
- By the end of 2017, 5,000 children participate actively in the development of their schools and of their education.
- By the end of 2017, the capacity of local school, area and District authorities, community members and parents is improved and ensure quality education is strengthened in 36 Schools.
- By the end of 2017, the position of ZANEC and FAWEZA to promote participatory governance is strengthened.
ZANEC supports documentation and dissemination of scorecard information at for advocacy national level. As such, ZANEC would like to hire a consultant to do a video documentary. The documentary will involve score card process and outcomes in the two implementation districts.
The documentary will therefore, be shared on an identified television network to target the various stakeholders responsible for delivery of Basic Education in schools and the general public through the media. It will also be used to advocate for promotion of participatory school governance and social accountability initiatives in schools. Furthermore, it will be used to advocate for quality service provision in schools as it will also capture the issues that the learners have brought out that are affecting their learning environment.
- To produce a 45 minutes video documentary on the Score Card Process and its outcome/impact under the Good School Project.
2.2 Specific Objectives:
- Conduct key video interviews with the government official from the learners, community members, Ministry of General Education (MoGE), Project partners and key stakeholders of education on the good school project and the impact on education.
- Recording of the various process that culminate into the score card process being :
- i) Governance session.
- ii) Scored Card Process.
- ii) Dialogue meeting with School Management and community members.
- Come up with a 45 minutes video documentary on the Score Card from the schools in Vubwi and Chadiza.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will work with ZANEC Secretariat and FAWEZA Project Officers in Chadiza and Vubwi Districts in Eastern Province.
- Capture the identified Schools in Chadiza and Vubwi of the score card process.
- Highlight the process of the Score card, key achievement and success stories of the good school project in the video documentary from the good school project.
- Carry out Interviews with the District Education Board Secretaries (DEBS), District Resource Centre Coordinators (DRCCs), Community Action Groups (CAGs), Head Teachers, Mentor Teachers and the learners in Chadiza and Vubwi.
- Capture success stories or stories of change emanating from the social accountability initiatives.
- Carry out interviews with ZANEC, project partners (FAWEZA and Plan International) and other key stakeholders in the education and skills sector in Chipata and Lusaka.
- The Documentary should be gender sensitive and inclusive.
- The scope of work should follow a transparent and inclusive process of consultation of the diverse groups that make up the Participatory School Governance.
4.0 DELIVERABLES AND DURATION OF CONSULTANCY
The assignment is expected to be completed within thirty (30) working days timeframes specific delivery dates will be jointly agreed between the ZANEC Secretariat and the Consultant, with the following deliverables.
- 8 days filming of the video documentary
- 15 days production of the video documentary
- 23rd day draft video documentary presented to ZANEC and project partners
- 30th Day final video documentary delivered to ZANEC.
5.0 REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- The consultant must have more than three (3) years of experience in video documentary production.
- Proven track record in video documentary production.
- Knowledge in video shooting, documentary and production.
Deadline for applications is the close of business on Monday 14th May, 2018
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATIONS TO:
The Executive Director
Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC)
Baptist Fellowship Building
Conner of Makishi and Great East Road,
Telephone number +26011226422
Or e-mail: email@example.com /
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.orgFind Us on Social Media