The Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC) has been conducting Social Accountability Initiatives through the score card sessions and display of inputs on the notice boards. This has been done as a key strategy to increase transparency and accountability in financing and service delivery in the education and skills sector. Since January 2020, the Social Accountability Initiatives have been implemented through support from the Education Out Loud (EOL) Campaign funded by the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) through Oxfam Ibis. ZANEC has since carried out two annual score card sessions in each of its 125 target schools in Zambia. These schools are found in Western (Limulunga, Mongu, Kaoma, Senanga); Copperbelt (Ndola, Mufulira, Mpongwe and Chingola) and Luapula (Mansa, Samfya and Mwense).
2.0 RATIONALE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Following the score card sessions and subsequent interface meetings at school, district and provincial levels, ZANEC would like to consolidate all key findings from the implementation areas for 2020 and 2021 and come up with recommendations that will contribute towards improved expenditures and service delivery which will result in improved outcomes for every Zambian learner.
3.0 SCOPE OF WORK
ZANEC seeks the services of a consultant for a period of 10 working days to consolidate findings of the score card processes and information displayed on the notice boards placed in the target schools and offices of the District Education Board Secretary (DEBS). Specifically, the consultant is expected to:
- Provide a background to the project and current situation analysis around financing and service delivery in the education sector;
- Review the reports from the score cards and monitoring exercises and provide a general picture of inputs going into the schools with some specific examples from the schools or districts. ZANEC will provide these reports.
- Compile a booklet of between 15 and 20 pages with cartoon illustrations depicting some of the situations shared by learners during the score card sessions
4.0 EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
- A draft booklet to be reviewed by ZANEC Secretariat
- Second draft with cartoons incorporated also to be reviewed by ZANEC Secretariat
- Final, ready for print booklet with cartoons/illustrations (15-20 pages)
Interested applicants must send their applications with samples of previous similar work done by close of business on Thursday 16th December, 2021 to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC),
Lusaka Baptist Building, Corner of Makishi and Great East Road,
P.O. Box 30774, Lusaka
Tel : +260 (211) 226490